Thursday, October 26, 2017

Accident

Well, it was quite a day. Did the usual--Kimball, a load of wash, and so on--in the morning, then after lunch, decided to drive to town to see if the library was open.
I was driving straight on Telegraph Road when, in front of Ventura College, a young woman who had been parked in her BMW, pulled out and hit my passenger side hard. I was shaken, but not hurt. Police came, my car was towed, she has insurance, and I've been in touch with mine and will see what happens now. As I had no blame, I'm sure the other insurance will pay.
Called Ellen, who was nearby getting take-out after work, and she came over to eat here. My car had to be towed to AAA's auto body shop, and they want me to go there and sign papers allow them to fix it. While El was here, it hadn't gotten there yet and I'm meeting my new student, Noreen, in town today; will take a bus and the car will just have to wait. I e-mailed my other three and they responded with concern, but relief I'm not hurt.
I thought I'd sleep like a log after that, but I woke up at 1:55 and couldn't get back to sleep. Went on the computer for a time--I'm not sure how long--and finally went back.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

No wonder you didn't sleep. Even if you weren't harmed physically, your psyche took a hard hit from what must have seen like nowhere. Scary. Glad to know you are OK.

Mimi said...

Thanks, Pat.

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...