Saturday, October 14, 2017

T.O.P.S. And A Turtle

Walked Kimball with long pants and a heavy sweater. Got home by 8:00, changed to my weighin' togs, and went to T.O.P.S. I was sure I hadn't lost--in fact, suspected I had gained; don't know why, just felt chubby or something. Actually, I lost 1.8 pounds and am within striking distance of forty pounds off at 39.44. Next week should do it.
Home for breakfast, then did this and that before I went for provisions to first, the 99-cent store, then WinCo, then Sprouts. The latter had grapes 88 cents a pound and salmon for 5.99 ditto. I bought both, then saw they had swordfish and couldn't resist picking that up, too. At WinCo, I got lots of my usual--veggies--along with frozen fruit (I buy only the ones that are pure fruit--no sugar or additives of any kind).
Home and prepared some of the stuff, had lunch, then took off for town. Did my usual Main Street walk, I stopped into the Santa Paula (a nearby town) Rescue Mission thrift store, one of the classier ones, and saw a large ceramic turtle bowl. Well, yes, everybody needs one, so I bought it.
Stayed at the library reading for a bit, then walked back and drove home. I finally remembered what I was supposed to tell Nancy: Carolyn's phone number, so she could drive with her to the widder dinner on Monday. I called, gave it to her, and we chatted about the possibility of attending The Nutcracker ballet in December, but I think I'll be visiting brother Frank. We'll see.
Saw Suzanne in her patio and asked her if the directions for getting to the St. John symposium for the breast cancer thing was accurate. Good thing I showed her--it isn't actually at St. John's in Oxnard, but miles away at a parish in Camarillo. I went back on the Internet for new directions.
Finally heard back from Valarie, who had expressed interest in the class. Unfortunately, she has family members being evacuated from the fire area and was about to go up there. Hope they'll be okay.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...