Monday, October 02, 2017

Out With Nancy

It was a good, active day. After walking Kimball, I jumped in the shower, washed my hair, had breakfast, dressed, then zipped over to Great Clips to get my hair cut. Don't know why I drove, as it's right on the next block, but I did. I guess the hairdresser did a pretty credible job--I just wanted it trimmed up to my ears and it looks okay.
Met Nancy at Black Angus at 1:00. After we were seated, we were told they don't serve lunch on Sundays, only dinner. Well, screw them, we said figuratively and we left and went to the China Kitchen in the next shopping center. We left Nancy's car near Black Angus and I drove over.
I had a complementary (not sure why it was a freebie) cup of egg drop soup, then pork fried rice. I hadn't tasted rice for eight months and, oh boy, was it good. To accompany it, I had a nice frosty glass of Blue Moon, which was wonderful, too. We had good meals and a good talk, then I suggested she leave her car where it was and I'd drive over to Dudley House, which is what we did.
Lynn, the director of docents, greeted me with pleasure, I introduced Nancy to her, and we took the tour with Cheryl Somebody. While we were still downstairs and about to enter the kitchen, Nancy said she had to sit down. I noticed with alarm that she was perspiring and got her to a settee in the dining room. I asked if she wanted to leave and go back to the car, but she said no, she just had to rest for a bit. Cheryl and I went upstairs along with two other people on the tour, and by the time we had finished there and came back down, Nancy felt better. She wondered if the problem could have been that she accidentally took two of her blood pressure pills that morning. She asked if we could stop at CVS to take her BP. We did and she was relieved that it was 110 over something. I took mine, which was 81/61, pretty low again.
Anyway, I took Nance back to her car, drove home, changed, and took off for town, even though it was almost 5:00, when I'm usually getting home from there. However, it was good to walk--I'm at a point where I'm restless if I don't--and I got to the library just as it was closing. No prob, I have plenty to read at home, anyway.
Instead of going directly home, I stopped at Wal-Mart and again took my BP. Now it was 87/54, the top number better, but the bottom one worse. Damn, at the doctor's it was normal: 110/?, so why so low?
My last stop was at Sprouts, where I got plums and blueberries. Just had salad for dinner. I stayed up to watch Parts Unknown, on which Anthony Bourdain was in Singapore. Wow, it made me nostalgic; I'd love to go back.

3 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Nancy's B/P was fine. Yours was dangerously low. HOWEVER, those supermarket/drug store machines are not reliable. A systolic (top number) in the 80s requires further eval. I wonder how your pulse runs when your B/P is that low. I doubt those readings you got were accurate. You'd be the one feeling dizzy, lightheaded or about to faint. You might want to seriously consider purchasing your own B/P monitor.

If your B/P was truly 81/61 you wouldn't be getting enough blood to your brain and that's why you'd feel faint.

Mimi said...

Thanks, Pat. Maybe I'll get one of my own--I'm mulling it over. Anyway, I'll ask Suzanne to take mine again. But if there's a problem, I'm not sure why I feel fine, no dizziness or faintness or any other symptom.

iloveac said...

You feel fine more than likely because your B/P was NOT that low.

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...