Monday, October 30, 2017

Sunday

After Kimball (chilly!), breakfast, and the usual Sunday crossword, I spent mucho time on revising some of the playlets. Also assembled some of the props and wigs we'll use. They can't be terribly elaborate, because this is readers theatre and they have to hold their scripts.
Damn, one of these days, I'd like to see my plays done again properly, i.e. off-book and on-set. There are many I won't include in Acting for Amateurs because they don't lend themselves to that very limiting form. I'd love to see--for instance--Hell on Wheels done again off-book and with the appropriate gestures. When it was done in Jersey, it brought down the house. The women should sashay around haughtily, getting up to do so. As it is, they have to sit, holding their loose leaf books (I bought them all the same, to cut down on distractions) with scripts. Oh, well, I still enjoy it and I think my "students" do, too. I have more to do today and I also want to plan my agenda. We didn't get to When Cooks Confer last week, so I want to add it tomorrow. After that, we have only two more meetings before the performance and I want those to be straight rehearsals.
Town after lunch, of course, and it was still cool; wore long pants and a sweater. I saw a young woman pushing what I thought was a baby stroller, but what was in it? A rabbit! Why in the world anybody would think that appropriate--for the people on the street or the rabbit--I can't fathom.
Stopped at Smart 'n' Final on the way home and picked up some nice swordfish and ripe pears.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...