Sunday, October 08, 2017

A. For A. And Art Walk

After walking Kimball and breakfast, I spent about two hours going through my mountain of stuff relating to the Acting for Amateurs course. I still haven't completed my agenda for Tuesday, let alone pulled together what I want to take, but I got a start. As my teacher daughter advised me some time ago, there should never be "dead time" in a class. Of course, you have to make it look relaxed, but woe betide you if you find you have nothing else to do with twenty minutes left in the session.
I rolled up all those coins I accumulated and took them to the bank. Before that, I called Ellen and we had a long--about an hour--talk. It's always a pleasure to hear about her doings, especially activities with her third-graders.
As for the bank: I'm still floored that big fat Bank of America doesn't have a coin counting machine. As I never fail to tell them there, poky little Ocean First bank in Jersey does and what's more, lets its account holders use it with no charge. My wrapped coins have to be sent to L.A. and, if there's any over or under, it will will credited or deducted from my checking account. What a drag.
Went from there to town, parked at the museum and, as I was passing its meeting building and courtyard, I noticed an exhibition by an artist named Hashimoto (I think). I walked in and sat down; I guess there were about a hundred people there. Ms. Hashimoto was explaining Chinese/Japanese characters which I found highly absorbing. She was about 70, I think, and she said her father was an expert calligrapher. She herself won a gold medal in a country-wide (Japan) contest when she was in fifth grade. I introduced myself when it was over and told her I have family in Tokyo.
After that, I walked to the library, of course, and was interested to see there was an "Art Walk" all down Main Street. Lots of artists of all kinds, lots of people walking, chatting, and sight-seeing, and it was a fine, festive day.
I spent an hour or so in the library. I'm still hung up on The New Yorker and Harold Ross and read more about it and him. Walked back through the crowds. Stopped before I got home for salad dressing, lettuce, and a few other things.
Spent time, finally, on filing a slew of paperwork and pictures. I have a bad habit of stowing various papers in a basket on top of my printer, then getting it filed "when I have time." The problem is, I kid myself that I don't have time because I don't feel like doing it.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...