Thursday, October 05, 2017

BCCC and BCNN

Walked Kimball a bit earlier than usual and was home about ten of eight. Showered and had breakfast, then went to the 9:30 BCNN meeting. I was happy to see Sue there and we greeted each other with a hug. The scar tissue in her knee is a big problem and so is her health insurance, which is SCAN. (But I do my thing at their Ventura Health & Wellness Center and have no connection with the insurance side.) Sherry came, too, although Carole didn't and, presumably, Doris is still in rehab.
I had made up some flyers about my class to take to the meeting and put a little bio info on them. I mentioned I'm a BCCC member. BCCC? That stands for Bucks County Community College, not Beach Cities Neighbors and Newcomers! Well, tough, I couldn't very well change them all, so I let it be; nobody may have noticed, anyway.
Sue, Sherry, and I signed up for the holiday luncheon at the yacht club on December 7. I was genuinely shocked when the woman taking reservations actually didn't realize that was Pearl Harbor Day. Unlike the vast majority of the members, who tend to be sixty and up, she was probably in her thirties. However, it then occurred to me that maybe it's a good thing--that we don't hang on and hang on to those kinds of events. In fact, I HATE that idiotic meme "Never Forget," applied to 9/11. I think we should forget so we can get on with making a better, more peaceful world.
The speaker was an intensely boring rep from the Harbor Commission, who had a lot to say about mussels. H had no finesse, plus the overhead didn't work, so it seemed to go on for hours. My pal, Sue ("Sailboat Sue") found it absorbing, of course; I said she could have done it herself.
After, the three of us went to Stephen's for lunch. Lunch? Good grief, it was only a few minutes after 11:00. I don't eat until 1:00 or after, but I can adapt and enjoyed a cup of lentil soup and a cold beer. We had a good time talking and stayed for more than an hour.
Went home and changed, then took off for the post office to send son Mike something. Went to town, parked, walked, read, walked back, and had yummy rock fish for dinner.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...