Wednesday, October 11, 2017

First Session of A. For A.

Left a little early for Kimball, so got home before 8:00. Jumped in the shower, had breakfast, dressed, and got to SCAN about 9:15. (Why, yes, an hour and fifteen minutes early, but that's what I do).
I wanted to set up the room and so on, and also get any other little tidbits Elisa had to tell me. One was that I was asked to have everybody fill out a waiver. I guess the idea is, if you drop dead during a strenuous scene, your survivors can't sue you. I accepted about a dozen waivers from her before I noticed they said "Acting for Armateurs." Gave them back and they were corrected. I asked for the easel and paper and Elisa brought them, plus helped me arrange the chairs in a circle, and so on.
Anyhow, the class went well. I was pleased to see repeaters Sharon, Jim, and Char, plus Carole, who came after all, although her back was killing her. Besides them, we had two newbies, Marcelle (I like her a lot) and Mikkii. Two others, Cathy and Valarie, were not able to come yesterday, but will next week.
As for Nikkii--yes, that's the way she spells it--I anticipate some problems with her. She's looks to be in the her middle seventies and wears her totally white hair in two braids that reach below her waist. She's one of my least favorite older people--or any people over six--who thinks she's cute. She has a tiresome habit of a kind of swarming showing off; said she volunteers at the prison (which one, she didn't say--San Quentin?) and couldn't decide if she should hug or not. However, she was very animated and innovative with her improv situation and may prove to be the type who's obnoxious in person, but good on stage.
Did the usual: opening remarks, improv, then asked them to tell me the components of a play, then of performances, which I listed on the easel paper. I then handed out parts for "The Potato Family," a little skit for five I wrote years ago for the Sunrise Bay Drama Club. I was surprised (and pleased) at how much they like it; it's really pretty slight. Over all, they did a pretty credible job, but there's a fair amount of work to be done, of course.
After our hour, a zumba class came in and, since there were only three attending, I was asked to impersonate one of the attendees for a picture. I did, then had to sign a waiver for that. I'm not sure where it will appear, but maybe on the web site or brochure.
I sat and chatted with Sharon and Carole for a bit, then left. Went home to change, had just some shrimp for lunch, then went to the office to ask Manager Bianca if Toastmasters could meet here. She asked me to send her an e-mail she could forward to upper levels.
Took off for town; Betty called while I was walking back to the car on Main Street and we talked. Got back to my neck of the woods about 5:00 and went to WinCo for salad stuff. When I got home, I saw Suzanne had left a note on my door thanking me for sweeping the tree debris (we had strong winds) from our joint front walk. I rang her bell to say thanks for the thanks, but I didn't do it. I said her guardian angel probably did, and she laughed.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...