Monday, January 23, 2017

Rain

Rain, rain all day. And wind. And it was chilly. Ugh, ugh, ugh! But I was amused at my friend, Pat's, comment yesterday when I mentioned the "big storm." Yes, it rained all day and in parts of the southwest, there may have been problems, but here, it was just--rain. In Jersey, it would have rated hardly a nod, but rain is an oddity here and I don't think people trust the sky when it turns wet.
However, intrepid Mimi put on her boots, opened her umbrella and braved it. Went to WinCo for this and that, including some nice cooked roast beef, which I put in a sandwich with the last of the stewed onions. Yummy.
Home I spent a lot of time being frustrated: Took pictures of the shoji screen and mirror I want to sell on Craigslist, went into my account and wrote them up, then tried to transfer the pictures. I CANNOT do it! They simply don't seem to be anywhere in the damn computer. The world of electronics has just turned against me, that's all: My landline is still out, my t.v. remote doesn't work, so the Travel channel is all I get, and now my pictures have gone into cyber-space.
To forget all that, I put my boots on again and drove to the Goodwill, mostly just to get out. Betty called as I was parking to ask about the comment I put on the Holy Spirit Reunion web site (an ad and I wondered why that was tolerated). She's had a bad respiratory infection, but is recovering.
I often browse in thrift stores, but buy only occasionally. This time, I found four wonderful plates, blue and yellow, with the sun, moon, and stars on them; I just had to have them. Bought them and two sort of flowered wallpaper-covered containers with wooden knobs on the lids. So pretty, but how will I use them? Well, I'll think of something.

3 comments:

iloveac said...

RBM,
Holy Spirit Reunion site....where is it? This year will be my 60th reunion and I'd like to see if anything is posted for it.

Mimi said...

Pat, I sent the FB reunion site to you on your timeline. Info is on it.

iloveac said...

Gracias.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...