Monday, January 02, 2017

Activities

I walked the walk!
Okay, I admit I had stopped walking Kimball, but it's a new year and I'm turning over a new leaf. Walked this morning and will do so every day from now on.
Got several calls, including from Sherry, who informed me she had given me the wrong Barnes & Noble gift card--she thinks a depleted one, as she found the other in her purse. Well, I'll check it out, then see her on Wednesday at the BCNN thing.
Spent time making a verse for Sailboat Sue, then putting in a handmade card. I think I'll give her the succulent plant I got at Cat's Cradle. Called my dear friend, Marge, who turned 90 the day after Christmas, and was delighted that she's actually doing somewhat better than she had. Betty called; she'll stay over tonight after we go to the widder lunch. I invited Suzanne to come for dinner here, too. Went to WinCo for this and that.
Mike, still in San Diego, e-mailed, inviting us to come to their place up in the hills, for early dinner tomorrow.; they leave for Singapore on Wednesday. Ellen, Greg, and I will do that, but the others are leaving today.
Arrived at El's at 5:00. She and Greg served a delicious vegan dinner. El had made soup--tomato based, with carrots, potatoes, and other veggies--and Greg an excellent cabbage kind of stir-fry. The five of us greatly enjoyed it, along with Riesling, pinot grigio, and dark German beer.
Sat and chatted after, of course, then headed home.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...