Friday, January 20, 2017

Lunch at the Cave

Completed some mundane domestic chores, then met Nancy for lunch at The Cave. We both had splits of champagne, which I'm starting to like, and enjoyed a long, long chat fest (where did that idiotic phrase come from?). In fact, we were there for more than two hours. I like The Cave, which is made to look like one on the inside, but it's pretty pricey. We finally parted and I went directly home to actually nap on the sofa for an hour or so. Must have been the champagne.
As for the rest of the day, I spent a lot of time on line. I'm looking for a kitchen/dining area table in wood, preferably pine. I don't want chairs with it, though--invariably, they turn out to be the spindle kind, often with high backs. Seems to me anything that sticks up--that the eye trips on, so to speak--makes a space look smaller, and this is small enough, although bigger than my last. I went into Mayfair, where I've bought before, and bookmarked one. It's a bit more than I wanted to spend, but I've bought from this outfit before my screen (which I now don't need and want to sell), and my bureau and bookcase. Shipping is free, also.
This morning, the AT & T person is scheduled to come; hope I have a working phone by the time I go to bed.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...