Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Dinner for Three

Walked Kimball. Had breakfast, then tidied up the place until Betty and Carolyn got here about 10:30. Said goodbye to Carolyn, then chatted until time to go the the Soaring Spirits lunch at noon.
That was fun and Betty enjoyed it a lot. There were only eight of us there, but we had a good time. Went afterward to the 99 cent store, then to Wal-Mart for this and that. Betty wanted to watch the Rose Bowl when we got home and we had some difficulty in getting ESPN until I knocked on Suzanne's (next) door, and she told us what channel. wanted to get a birthday card sent, so went to the post office while Betty watched, but it was closed--I forgot it was New Year's Day "observed." No problem, it should get to Jersey by Saturday.
I had invited Suzanne to come at 6:00, but the game was still going on, so I knocked on her door and asked if I could just let her know when it was over. It finally was--at 6:30--and I went to get her.
I had made a salad earlier, set the table, and put the meatballs and sauce in the slow cooker, so I just had to boil up a pot of water and put the spaghetti in. Did so, we sat down and had a fun time. Betty and Suzanne hit if off immediately and we talked and laughed until 8:00, when Suzanne left.
Cleaned up, watched some T.V., then went to bed after an enjoyable day.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...