Saturday, June 04, 2016

T.O.P.S. And A Tummy Ache

Went to T.O.P.S. and again was the biggest loser--but I lost only a pound and a half! Some of these gals (and one guy, Bob) don't seem terribly intense about losing, but so what? They're fun to be with and I enjoy it. My friend, Gabrielle, came and was welcomed by the group. After, she and I went the Hill Street Cafe nearby for breakfast and I had scrambled eggs, sausage, and fruit (I skipped the toast). That was a lot higher in calories that my usual, but I was okay with it, as I figured I wouldn't be hungry for lunch, which I wasn't.
Got home and rushed to the laundry place, put in my wash, then read the paper until it was time to put it in the dryer. That takes a while, and in the meantime, I called Barb H., one of my former neighbors, to ask who she and Ray use for gardening. Only themselves, so I'll call Frank D. and Pat H. I did have a nice talk with her; they had just gotten back from a week in Mexico.
Once I got the clothes out, I was barely in time for Dr. Wordling's lecture, but got there and settled in next to Doris, Carole, and Sue.
Doc delivered the second half of his End of Life lecture and it was a good one. I'm not nuts about his quasi-political (rightest) opinions, which he throws in occasionally, but do like his style otherwise. This was the last in the series--next Friday, we go at 11:00 and he treats us to a "Mediterranean" lunch. I think that's the one I'm following now: no sugar, no flour. In my case, it shold be "no added sugar," because I do eat some fruit and "sort of no flour," as I have one slice of whole-grained bread a day.
We got out a bit after 4:00 and I went directly to WinCo for veggies and such. While there, I started developing a stomach ache. Thought I just had to rid my tummy of its contents (although I hadn't eaten since 10:30) but when I got home, that didn't seem to help. I thought maybe my Capri pants (I have four pair in different colors) might be too tight around the waist, so removed them, along with my top. Still felt miserable, so crawled into bed about 6:00 and slept until 8:00. When I got up, I felt much better. Watched my hour of T.V. with a slice of meat loaf, went to bed, and slept soundly. I don't know what that could have been, but I hope it doesn't return.
Just now, I called my old friends in Sunrise Bay, Pat H. and Julie L., both of whom use a particular gardener, whom they say is experienced, reliable, and reasonable, just what I want. Also called Frank D. and left a message, as I'd like to get more than one estimate.

No comments: