Wednesday, June 15, 2016

A Walk and a Movie

I did, indeed, walk in Kimball Park. Got there a bit before 8:00 and didn't see anywhere to sign up or whatever, so started off. I walked the whole perimeter of the park, which I was SURE was at least three miles, but darn, I seem to always to exaggerate how far I walk, and see later.
When I got back near my car, I saw a small table and chair with a young woman on it. It turned out she's an R.N. and would take my pulse and BP, which she did. (The walk thing is a service of Memorial Community Hospital, where I had my blood transfusions.) She also gave me a card with the BP on it, which I assume I'm to present on Thursday, when I come again. I asked the nurse how far it was and she told me a mile and a quarter. I was a little crestfallen, but if I keep it up, that's not too bad.
Went home and had breakfast, then I hauled my wash to the laundry place. This time I had two full loads, as I had changed my bed, too. Back and forth, forth and back, and it cost me $6.50. While I was folding after, I ran the dishwasher empty with a powder that supposedly helps with the damn hard water. In the meantime, I washed what had been in there by hand and put them to drain. Isn't all that hot news?
I had seen a manufactured home for sale in Country Estates yesterday and impulsively called and asked to be shown it. Did so and it's really, really nice--brand new, three beds, two baths, a marvelous, very large kitchen,and lots and lots of storage space. Drawback is that it's way out in the middle of nowhere and--come to think of it, I don't want to own anyway, so who knows what I was thinking? Talked to El later and we agreed we had already seen this one when she was looking.
Called Sue and we made a date for lunch at Panero for Thursday. Talked to my friend, Doris, and will see her this morning at the Council for Seniors meeting. I also intend to go back to the park on Thursday (hospital-sponsored walks are Tuesdays and Thursdays) and she will, too.
Later, I just impulsively decided to go to the Monday dollar movie at four o'clock at the Regency. Saw Mother's Day, which was left no cliched situation unturned, but was mildly funny in spots. I enjoyed it, anyway, then went home to a yummy dinner of salmon and avocado.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...