Thursday, June 09, 2016

Here and There

Got up early--at 5:15--and decided to stay up. Got computer stuff done and was all finished with all that 7:00. That's much too early for me to have breakfast, so I drove to the park and walked my walk. When I got home, I had a message from Bob S., who does my sprinklers. He had the other day and discovered some kind of water problem; said it would ordinarily cost $250, but he'd do it for $175. I told him to go ahead and I'd send a check.
My friend, Doris, called and asked if I'd like to go to the Adult Center for lunch; yesterday was one of the twice-monthly lunches when they have a combo. I didn't have plans, so said sure and met her there at 11:30. The music consisted of two old guys, one on keyboard, one on trumpet, playing the old songs, of course, and they were damn good. It turned out they actually play in some local venue for pay, so no wonder.
After we ate, my friend, Marie, asked me to come to her table and critique a tribute to her recently deceased mother, for which a memorial is planned for next week. She said, "because you're a word person, I'd like you to tell me if you have any suggestions." Marie had written it out, but assured me she would just use that as a guide. I read it and told it was beautiful and fine just as it was because it came from the heart. Marie is a dancer and I'm fascinated by that. I've always believed dance is the most exalted of the arts.
Left in time to go home and shower before my hair appointment. That was at 3:00 and I got foils to have some blonde streaks in my heart.* I had neglected to ask the price and almost fainted when I found it was $120. It looks pretty good, though, so I guess it was worth it.
From there, I went to WinCo to get ingredients for the cranberry meatball appetizers I'm bringing to the Golden Girls gathering on Sunday. Hope I can find the house where it's happening. Had a late dinner and prepared as much as I could for my excursion to L.A. to see Susan and Pat today.
* A typo, of course, but I'm letting it stand. Who wouldn't want blonde streaks in her heart!?

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...