Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Quiet

I was restless over Monday night, but finally fell asleep and didn't get up until 8:30. That gave me a good excuse to skip the walk...but I didn't. Although it was after 9:00 when I got going, I went, got my BP checked, and walked the walk. I felt better after that.
Had breakfast, straightened up a bit, then went to get my oil changed. While there, I got a text from niece Carolyn, saying that both the carpet cleaner guy and the plumber would be late and she had to pick Finn up after, so she and Claire wouldn't be able to come and go in the pool after all. That was okay; I texted back no prob on my end and maybe they could make it next week.
Still on the trail of rotisserie chicken, I actually stopped at Vons to ask if they have a rotisserie oven. Nope, which makes me wish Shop-Rite would open here.
I didn't have lunch until after 2:00, then went to Wal-Mart and picked up some very inexpensive tank tops. In the summer, especially, I like to get out of "good" tops when I eat or am doing anything strenuous and wear these. I wouldn't dream of wearing the chintzy ones out anywhere as I greatly dislike exposing my arms (flab? Oh, yeah), plus they look--well, chintzy.
I'm having second thoughts about moving to Ventura Del Sol. Checked Yelp and there were several negative comments. I'm back to square one when it comes to moving, I'm afraid. I guess it's just as well my lease isn't up until September.
It's just incredible that yesterday was my great-grandson's fourteenth birthday. I remember when he was born. And when his Dad was born. And (gulp!) when his grandmother was born. Geez, I'm getting to be an old lady.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...