Saturday, May 28, 2016

T.O.P.S. And Etcetera

I am now a full-fledged member of T.O.P.S. Got there twenty minutes early, so virtuous Mimi, I took a walk around the block. Got back, weighed in, paid my 32 bucks, filled out the form, and was presented with some material on the group, which I'll never read. I had been weighed as a guest last week and, of course, was weighed again. Gee, I was the biggest loser at 2.5 pounds* and got to pick from the goodie box; I selected a jar of honey. There was a short meeting about this and that; nothing of much interest. I remembered some of the names (including the only guy member, "Bob") and we marched in place for one minute, as we had last week. I can't imagine what this is for, except to remind us to walk. However, it's harmless, so I did it, of course. These meetings last only an hour, which suits me fine.
Had breakfast when I got home at 10:00, although I was meeting Carole and Doris for lunch. However, that wasn't until 1:30, so I had plenty of time in between.
I was happy when my friend called shortly thereafter. They are now in Colorado and on their way to the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve. We had a good talk and I mentioned my dilemma about the condo--did I want a place that large? My friend remarked how much faster and easier--a fraction of the time--it was to do housework in their 39-foot RV compared to the good-sized houses they owned and still own. Well, I'll consult Ellen, too, but I'm certainly leaning to staying here.
Went to WinCo for chicken and veggies--no more processed food for me--then took off for Milano's to meet Carole and Doris. We had a good lunch and good talk. Carole is just about ready to scuttle her horrid husband and move out and we talked about that. She had to leave, as she was taking 93-year-old Jean to the hairdresser. Doris and I then went to the music program at The Townehouse (assisted living facility) and greatly enjoyed the trio, as well as the Chardonnay. Didn't get home until after 5:00, at which point, I seasoned my chicken breasts and put them in the oven. Shortly after, my friend called again; they had made it to the dunes in Colorado and enjoying it.
*Others congratulated me, but good grief, I know enough about weight loss to know this isn't an impressive first week loss, which is mostly water, anyway. Sustaining that--or adding to it (or subtracting, as it's a loss?) will be the test.

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...