Sunday, May 08, 2016

Lazing and a Lamp

I spent half of the day lazing around, something I think I have a right to do once in a while. Lots of time at the computer, which seems to be gulping down an excess of hours. I later did bestir myself to hang a picture in the bedroom, but I have two others I want to hang there. There are many others I want on the living room walls, but I can't seem to get them done.
Had salad for lunch, then took a drive to Santa Paula. I didn't even get out of the car, but just headed back. I then saw an estate sale sign and being a sucker for "looking," I drove to the place.
Gee, the house was beautiful; so was the garden behind. It had been sold and has to have fetched close to a mil. There wasn't much I wanted or needed--considering the size of my place, I shouldn't have stopped--but I saw...
...a BEAUTIFUL white, porcelain lamp, kind of like a ginger jar with holes in it, that I need like Donald Trump needs another ten bucks. However, I had to have it! It was priced at $30, but since they were wrapping up at the end of the day, it was half off, so I got it for fifteen. I had to to shift things around to fit it in here, but I don't care, I put it on my bureau and it's elegant. Now I just have to figure out where to put the other lamp-I-couldn't-live-without from Lahaska, Pa.
Stopped on the way home for ground beef and made one of my favorite dinners: chopped onions, peppers, and garlic sauteed, then tossed with the browned meat. Yummy.
In the middle of this, I was interrupted for a lovely reason: The Tokyo Trio, including of course, the star, little Mr. K., who had all kinds of important information to impart. This morning, I opened my Mother's Day present from them--a wonderful card, created by Mommy, of course, that says, "Wishing a GOLDEN Mother's Day/To a GOLDEN Nana/In the GOLDEN state." All three signed it, of course, K. with an elegant scrawl. With it was a truly terrific picture of the three of them in traditional robes.
After that, I was again gifted with a Skype call, this time from the Singapore son and his girls. They're getting so big and so beautiful. They'll be here for a time in June, with plans to see El and me, of course, but also our mutual friend from New Mexico.
Looking forward to being with my girl, Ellen today.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...