Monday, March 24, 2014

Rehearsal

Didn't do a whole hell of a lot yesterday afternoon, except housework and computer stuff.  Called Betty and made a date for lunch today.  Aline asked if she could to sit in at rehearsal and I picked her up.  It was called for 4:00 because we were told we'd have costumes there, which Tara and Neil were going to pick out at Our Gang's place.  The plan was to distribute them, then do a full run.  Howsomever*...
...that didn't happen.  We got there at 4:00, found only Director Desi, and were soon joined by Mary and Brittany.  Ellen, Neil, and Kevin straggled in late, then Kathy--very late--but not Tony, who was on his way back from a business trip to North Carolina and was stuck in traffic trying to get here.
He never did arrive; last we heard, he texted Mary that he was at the Verrazano Bridge, for Pete's sake.  We rehearsed around him, but in a chopped up, fragmented way, with Mary reading his lines for some scenes.  However, my character interacts with him so much in the first act, it was pointless to get into it, and we didn't.  In addition, so far I've rehearsed the fourth act exactly twice, counting last night, and that's just too few.
Hey, folks, we open in nine days--aagh!  We should be doing a full run every single time we meet, but so far, that hasn't happened once.  Of course, we'll be able to rehearse on the actual stage only three times, so we should be shaking in our shoes...
But no.  This kind of situation happens all the time in this biz and we're all pretty sure it will come together on April 3.  I know it will and am not worried---well, a little worried, maybe...
As for the costumes, it turned out that, although Our Gang has practically a warehouse full--I've been at their facility--there was very little for the correct time period.  They did get a few things for Brittany and Kathy, but nothing for the rest of us, so the original idea that we'd rent them is back in play.  They won't come, however, for three days and if they don't fit or there's some other problem--okay, I won't go there.
*I'm not sure where that word came from--I doubt if it's literate--but I use it occasionally.  For some reason, I find it amusing.  "Howsomever..."

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...