Monday, March 17, 2014

Videotape And The FISA

Got a call from Maureen K., who asked me to add to the profile I'd doing some items on travel she and Carl have done.  Usually I ask those I interview this, but just forgot when I talked to them.  I now have enough material for a sizable book on this couple and have to boil it down to a page.
Put together a fairly okay pseudo-costume, packed up the car, and got to the H.'s by 5:00.  Frank was there to videotape and I did the opening scene with Ellen ("Berta"), another with Tony ("George"), and posed for still shots.  Hmm...we're paying a guy named Joe to do publicity, so why wasn't he there to videotape? For that matter, I know Frank and Aline went around places in Little Egg and the surrounding area to put up posters--why didn't Joe do it?  I'm not sure how much the organization is paying him, but so far, I don't see that he's done anything.
Rehearsal itself went fairly well, but ranged all over the map, as usual. Remembering my lines is no problem at all--never has been--but I'm still having problems with blocking.  At tonight's rehearsal, I must ask Mary, production manager, to show me her blocking info. Because we met early, I got home in time to Skype Ellen, always a pleasure, and we had a nice chat.  She informed me it had been 83 degrees in Ventura and, oh, how I'd love to be there.  It snowed last night, and I'm sick, sick, sick of it, the cold, and winter in general.
WIDER:  While re-reading my friend, Jim Wetzel.'s, blog, I came across this comparison in an entry from August, 2013.  In view of the sappiness that passes for serious discourse in this benighted country, I found this--and so much of his prose--highly entertaining.
The FISA so-called "court" being misled by the NSA is an interesting concept, on the order of Tessio being misled by Clemenza.  Both are fully-integrated components of the same organized crime family.
The rest of that post:
http://bartlebysfour.blogspot.com/2013/08/crooks-reforming-crooks.html

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...