Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sparklers And Aline

Met my fellow "Sunrise Sparklers" at the clubhouse for a short meeting.  Was told I owed dues and paid $24.  Only later did it occur to me to wonder what in the world that covers, as we pay for our own lunches; Women's Club dues are only fifteen bucks, for heaven's sake.  Will call our prez, Jo G., to ask.
We went to ScoJo's for lunch and I had liverwurst and raw onion on rye, one of my favorites.  Chatted easily with my end of the table, but again realized I didn't have a lot in common with most of these complacent, ever so conventional, conservative-to-the-bone-while-oblivious-to-what-that-means ladies.  But that will make it easier to leave and it was an O.K. excursion.  
Went directly from ScoJo's to pick up Aline.  We first stopped at Wal-Mart, where I got my medication and other items and A. picked up a few things.
Went to the Dollar Tree, where I had the thrilling experience--I'm serious--of selecting two more reading glasses.  I now have four, which cost a total of sixteen bucks, as opposed to almost a thousand for my pre-surgery specs: a "regular" for my severe myopia, a reading for close work, and prescription sunglasses.  I intend to buy a dollar store pair for about every room in the house, the car, my purse, and any other place I think of.
After this, we drove down to Long Beach Island.  I was terrifically thirsty--the liverwurst, I guess--and we stopped at a 711 for mango Slurpees, then proceeded to Holgate, one of our favorite places.  The water was magnificent, as ever, and it does something fine to both Aline and me to be there.
After, I took Aline home so she could see the video on Google+ of little K. playing a duet--Bartok--with Daddy.  Aline loved it and we looked at a few more of this little miracle smiling and cooing and sucking his thumb.  We then sat and talked and talked, our subjects ranging over music (always), critiques of my fellow performers, and The Godfather, movie and book, until I took my friend home after a good long day.
Came upon Jaws on the telly and saw about a half-hour before losing interest.  I was mildly engaged in wondering where the actors are now--some dead, I know.
Lunch with Marilyn today, to which I'm looking forward.  

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Geez Rosemary I 'm surrounded by the same sweet, bland women here. How'd we stray so far from the mold--and thank God we did.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...