Sunday, March 30, 2014

Not A Lot

Walked in the pouring rain, which lasted all the livelong day.  Nevertheless, I went to the thrift store in Manahawkin in search of lace gloves to wear in "Hedda," but no luck.  I did buy a black hat I thought might be more appropriate for my "Rina's death" scene than the three others I have--we'll see.  I'm still looking for white gloves that might serve to cover my wedding ring--my character, Aunt Julia, is a spinster--but no luck. Then it occurred to me that maybe I could get a large, showy ring to wear above it and hide it.  Maybe.
Skyped Ellen and had a nice chat.  Her new car is great, although very electronically equipped, so you have all kinds of bells and whistles to learn how to operate.
Speaking of "how to operate," I wanted to see again the CD I bought some time ago, of the 1963 version of Hedda, with Ingrid Bergman in the starring role. Annoyingly, I couldn't get the recorder to show it on the screen, although I think it was actually running.  Also, as I was pushing this button and that, I accidentally added the text used by the hard of hearing, and now I can't turn it off!  Good thing I don't watch much TV anyway. 
Aside from making a salad and a few other domestic chores, I didn't do a lot else but spend time on the computer.  Sent Ellen V. a revised bio for the program, not being happy with the first one.  Printed out one of the many photos of the adorable Sweetie-Pie in Tokyo and framed it.  It shows sweet baby with his right hand in the air, as if he's pontificating on some ponderous topic--so cute!

 

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...