Friday, March 28, 2014

Element And Joe S.

Picked up Aline (how many posts have I started like that?) and we had lunch at Element again; this time, the service was fine, which I noted to the hostess.  I had sushi and it was yummy.
We then made the rounds of various stores and picked up needs--or more accurately, wants--of this and that.  Stopped at Flo C.'s, a seamstress and neighbor of Aline's, to see if she could add a longer under-chin tie to my Hedda bonnet. We couldn't see a way to do it, unfortunately, so I guess I'll have to live with it.
Didn't get home until 5:00.  Betty called and we chatted for a bit.  She still hasn't found a place to live after May 1, but seems unconcerned.  Stir-fried sausage, onions, and garlic for dinner--very tasty.
NOTE:  A continuing annoyance (or something): I've been bugging Frank D. about the "publicist" LETCO hired; specifically, what he's actually doing or has done. As far as I can see, the sole contribution of this Joe S. was putting the videos Frank took of us (why didn't Joe take them?) on YouTube.  To my knowledge, this isn't extremely difficult, although I could be wrong.  My friend, Pat R., uses YouTube regularly; in fact, I just saw her latest on YouTube.  I realize she's more electronically savvy than I am, but still--.  Just checked The Mailbag, a local giveaway paper that lists upcoming events by date and Hedda isn't mentioned at all.  So far, I haven't seen a peep about it in The Press of A.C., let alone any feature story.  All other getting-the-word-out, as far as I can see, was done by Frank, Aline, Mary, and Yours Truly.
I'm a member-at-large on LETCO's board and think I have the right to ask why in the name of easy money we're paying this guy.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
You are correct. It is so easy to upload a video to YouTube. No real skill involved once you do it.
I agree...what is this guy doing to earn his pay? I'm interested to hear the Board's response when you raise the issue.

Mimi said...

I'll keep you posted, Pat.

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...