Monday, March 03, 2014

Rehearsal And Snow (Or No)

Mostly puttered around during the day, except for an excursion to Acme in the afternoon.  Rehearsal at 7:00, which went well except for a fellow actor's stumbling (she's far from off-book) and my lapse of memory re blocking.  I find this harder by far than remembering the words; will write reminders on the script, which I should have done in the first place.  Called El when I got home and we had our usual good weekly virtual visit.
Called brother Larry and was sorry to be told his old friend, Jack B., has been diagnosed with lung cancer.  Not sure yet what will be done, if anything.  Called Betty and will go down there today, but first see if I can do anything with the library showcase Susan said she'd help.
The usual over-reaction to a light snow has ensued: a "monster storm" was supposedly coming our way, but what I just saw outside was a scant inch or so. Hope it's not slippery.
Later:  We took a truncated walk; it wasn't slippery, but the snow is still coming and it looks more like three or four inches now.  Talked to Betty and we decided to postpone my going down there.  Too bad, as I'm booked for the rest of the week; hope I can somehow get down there.
Still Later: Good grief, Betty just called to say she had an e-mail from the contractor she's been using for more than a year and he wants to drop her.  Too long and involved to go into, but it stinks and now she has this to contend with, as well as so much else.  

No comments:

Thursday

Up and at 'em after a pretty good sleep. Didn't do a whole lot in the morning besides making my lunch. Left about 10:30 to meet Dian...