Saturday, March 15, 2014

Craig's List And The K.'s

Somewhat of a pokey day.  Spent time listing items on Craig's List: dolls and a 1923 West Point yearbook.  Spent more time on the site looking up apartments in and around Ventura. Wow, are they expensive.
Went over to Maureen and Carl K.'s at 2:00 to interview them for a profile in The Breeze.  As is true with half or more of the couples I know, both were married before; she was widowed, he divorced.  Between them, they have eleven children and twenty-five grandchildren, plus a great-grand or two.  Carl collects Hummel figures, more than a hundred of which are displayed in a curio cabinet. I was surprised and amused to learn that there had been more of them which he had to relinquish as part of his divorce settlement.  ("You can have the kids, but I get the Hummels!")
The best part of the day was a "visit" from Jumpin' K., as his father calls him. Baby is now easily flipping all around his play mat, from back to stomach and over again, eagerly reaching for toys--and anything else he can get his hands on--smiling, gurgling, drooling, and generally showing off his rapidly advancing six-month-old skills.  What a treat to see that little sweetie and how I wish I could hold him.  Some day...
Players & Playwrights meeting in Ventnor today.  I'm staying overnight at Betty's, as I had planned to attend a Purim play in Margate tomorrow in which my friend, Louise appears, but that may be a problem.  It's at 3:00 and we have a Hedda rehearsal at 6:00, or possibly even earlier.  Not sure if I have to pull together and wear a costume (Frank is going to tape some scenes), but if so, it's going to be tough to get back in time if I attend the play.  There was supposed to be an e-mail firming this up, but it hasn't arrived yet.  As usual, confusion reigns when it comes to the theatre company--and, come to think of it, every other theatre company in which I've been involved.    

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...