Thursday, March 27, 2014

Mail And A Bonnet

I have an unfortunate tendency to open mail, scan it, then put it to one side if I have to do something in response.  I add scribbled notes to myself, brochures I need to examine, greeting cards I want to send, and whatever else is flat and on paper.  Keep thinking I'll deal with it later, and "later" finally came yesterday.  It took me a fair amount of time, but I finally have it whittled down.
Rehearsal last night, but just acts one and four, the two I'm in.  It went well, I think, but I'm getting nervous about Tony being off-book--he isn't yet, and hey, opening night is coming right up.
Another problem is the bonnet I wear in act one.  It's essential to the plot, in that early on, "George" lovingly unties and removes it, then puts it on a chair.  When "Hedda" comes in, she pretends to think it's the servant's bonnet and disparages it, an important early indication of her character.
Problem is, the ties on it are too short and hard to tie in a bow; it's actually hard to keep on straight.  Tony (who plays George) had it made by a friend of his, but I think I'll take it to a seamstress and have the ties replaced with longer ones.
Van tour today to Medford, so I must go make my sandwich for lunch.

No comments:

Friday

Weight: stayed the same at home (125.4) and at T.O.P.S. was up an inconsequential .06 to 125.4. Maria brought a guest and we had a fairly in...