Friday, March 21, 2014

Still Clearing Out

Spent a fair amount of time adding to the piles of priceless treasures--junk--from the guest room closet and my friend came in the afternoon to haul them away. Considering picture frames alone, I have every imaginable size and shape.
I keep thinking the truly daunting task is the study closet, which I'm determined to tackle next, but it may not be as problematic as the kitchen cabinets.  I have four full sets of dishes: two everyday ones that I switch in spring and fall and a set each of Christmas and my mother's good china.  The last two have to be washed by hand, which means those are the ones I should get rid of, but of course, they're the ones I cherish.  I also have attractive Thanksgiving dessert plates and literally hundreds of glasses, serving dishes, extra cups and saucers, mugs, and you-name-its.  Add a good dozen or so tablecloths for both kitchen and dining room, cloth napkins, and place mats, and I could open a restaurant.
What gets me after this massive clearing out is the fact that I still have more of what's known as "stuff" than I can ever use, and certainly more than I need.   Well, I'll keep plugging away at it.
The previous post outlines my skirmish with the Highway Robbery Gas Company--thanks for deregulation, Ronnie--and even as I type, I can hear the damn heater running, although I turned the thermostat down to 68.  I dread the next bill, but short of freezing to death, doubt if there's anything I can do about it.
Rehearsal without blocking last night at the H.'s.  It would be called a "reading," except that we're off-book, so I guess you could call it a "reciting."  Went well, but we did the full run and it's l-o-o-n-g.  Hey, the sanctimonious nay-sayers fought tooth and nail against any revision, so we're stuck with a play that lasts three hours, not counting intermission.  
Wish I had looked at my e-mail last night when I got home. It was almost ten and I stayed up for my half hour of television and popcorn after.  I would have liked to have slept longer, but got up, washed and dressed, then found a message from Susan that she has an early appointment up north and wouldn't be walking.
Laurita Winery with Aline today.
           

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...