Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pleasant Day

It was a gloriously warm and sunny day, but I didn't have a chance to spent much time outside.  Moving right along, I took the yearbooks to my pal, Jim, at Unshredded Nostalgia in Barnegat.  Unfortunately, he told me college yearbooks don't sell, although N.J. high school yearbooks do.  Wouldn't you know, I have only Pat's and mine and wouldn't let them go.  Jim offered me a measly five bucks for the 1923 Howitzer, which I declined in favor of putting it on Craig's List.
However, Craig seems not to care for me, as both my friend and I tried to post my stuff, then contact them, and we get back unrelated e-mail.  Will keep trying.
Went through a lot of boxes containing my mountain of memorabilia, including one containing condolence cards and letters from to my mother when my father was killed in 1950.  Thought I'd try to discard some to consolidate, but naturally, couldn't bear to.
Got up to my friend's a bit after 4:00.  She and her guy had spent the day clearing out the garage, and she and I went to the Goodwill donation center in Allentown to drop off donations.  Their web site and a sign on the door said they were open until 7:00, but they weren't.
We stopped at a dollar store nearby, then back to her place for a tasty dinner of bow tie pasta and turkey meatballs.  I stayed only until about 7:00, then left; got home with no problem.
Rehearsal tonight at the New Gretna church.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...