Monday, March 10, 2014

B.J.'s And Rehearsal

Zipped on up to B.J.'s to get boxes for books I'll donate, of which I have a multitude.  The problem is, I really don't want to give them up.  After all, how can I exist without the bio of Kate Smith and the two about the Rosenberg execution (I met one of the sons), and interesting accounts of people who fall over the edge at the Grand Canyon?  Well, I weeded some out, anyway, and will hunt down more.  Changed the bed, washed several loads, and otherwise occupied myself like a good little housewife.
Rehearsal last night at the New Gretna church.  We did the first act, which Ellen V., as my maid, and I, as the nosy aunt, open. Our dialogue contains a lot of explanatory information that's crucial for the audience to know before the other actors come on stage.  I'm worried about Ellen's performance, as she's far from off book.  When she does remember her lines, they're often jumbled.
Ibsen was a superlative playwright and he didn't put anything superfluous in Hedda, so the play needs to be acted as written.  Also, it's nerve-wracking to have to worry about being fed lines properly.  Think I'll ask Ellen if she wants just the two of us to meet to go over it.
Got some new videos of six-month-old K., one of him playing a piano duet with his Dad. I wasn't crazy about their interpretation of Chopin, but the Bach sounded good (HA!).
Rehearsal tonight at the community center.  

2 comments:

Molloy・モロイ said...

It was Bartok.

Mimi said...

Bartok, of course--I should have known!

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...