Sunday, March 16, 2014

P & P And Purim

Got home about an hour ago.  Spent the night at Betty's after attending the Players & Playwrights meeting at the Ventnor Library.  In honor of the Ides of March (yesterday's day, the fifteenth), we did an act of Shakespeare's Julius Caesar, appropriately suggested by our (temporary) leader, wonderful actor, and valuable member, Ed Shakespeare (I kid you not).
Got to Betty's about 4:30 and she came in from church a bit after.  I hadn't eaten since breakfast, so we went to Johnny's for an early dinner.  Both had salmon, which was excellent.
Drove down to the breakwater at Longport to witness a thrilling display of good-sized waves crashing against the boulders.  Wish I had had my camera with me.
Later on, we chatted and laughed, then went to bed early.
I had been looking forward to going to the Purim play at Beth El Synagogue in Margate today at 3:00.  My friend, Louise S., is in it and friend, Denise, is directing.
But darn: I got an e-mail from our LETCO production manager to the effect that, rather than simply have rehearsal at 7:00, we were to be videotaped at her place on Nugentown Road at 5:00, then rehearse at 6:00.  The kicker was that we had to be in costume.  I knew I would never be able to attend the Purim play at 3:00 (even if I stayed only a short time), drive home (45 minutes or so), pull together a substitute 1890 costume (the ones we're renting won't be here until later), and drive the half hour to the site, all by 5:00 pm.  Regretfully, I sent Louise and Denise and email detailing the problem and apologizing for not being there.
So Betty and I met Helen C. for breakfast at the Northfield Diner--not sure why they frequent the place so much, as it seems pretty mediocre to me--then I went home and here I am.
Now must see what I have in the way of costume parts appropriate for Miss Juliana Tesman.    

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...