Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Flower Show And Eye

Yesterday: Philadelphia Flower Show with Barb H., her sister, Pat, and Susan.  Got to Bob's about 8:00 and left on buses a half hour later, arriving some time after 9:00.  It didn't open until 10:00, so we went across the street to Reading Terminal Market for crepe breakfasts.
Show was very impressive, as ever.  This year the theme was "Articulture" with lots of tie-ins to art and flowers.  Beautiful displays, scads of people, and roughly six hours of walking non-stop.  We had lunch at the market, too, looked around there and got on the bus to arrive back at Bob's Garden Center at 5:00.
Happily, the streets and our driveways were clear--it was worth my life to get in Barb's car when we stated off--and I had time to freshen up, return a few calls, and get read for rehearsal at the H.'s in the woods.
Brittany, their daughter, who plays Hedda was there, Jim and Mary being still in California.  She had put wood in the wood-burning stoves, but unfortunately, smoke had somehow escaped and practically filled the room where we rehearse.  In addition, it was so damn cold--surely 60, if not less--that we all kept our coats on.
We had been called for act 3 and 4, but act 3 took so long, it was 9:30 before it was over.  I'm in act 4 and we stayed to run over that, but I had no hesitation in reminding Tara (assistant director, but in truth, director) I had to leave to get my other eye done at 6:30 am the next morning.  We ran over it quickly,but I still didn't get home until well after I'm usually asleep; stayed up for popcorn and iced tea, and didn't get to bed until after 11:00.
However, my friend got here, I was up and dressed in time, I got the eye done, and now I'm back.  There's still a long regime of eye drops and, of course, the eye isn't fully operational yet, but I think it's going to to great.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Congratulations on your (hopefully) final eye operation, Mom! Soon, you'll be pointing things out to us that we can't see!
:)

Mimi said...

Thanks, dear!

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...