Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Good day yesterday: a portabello mushroom and rice dish at Sea Oaks--very good and very okay for WW. Took friend home, ran up to Manahawkin for lots of errands, then met Alison at 4:15 for "King Kong" (don't waste your money). In the icy rain we endured all day, we then repaired to "Makoto" (can't spell it), the Japanese restaurant and I had a delightful meal of a variety of sushi (Alison had shrimp teriyaki). It's a little hard to figure out the points, although sushi is listed, but I calculate it was about 12 or 13. I did not have my wine when I got home, as it was almost 9 o'clock and I was ready for bed, so I certainly didn't go over my 24 points.
We've decided to skip our usual Wednesday night dinner out this time, as so much continues to go on in the social whirl. Now added is a birthday dinner for grandson Joel (his 24th) on Saturday, and yes, lunch with Susan tomorrow is still on. Friday lunch with Marge isn't firmed up yet, but I'm okay with ordering right when we go out--for some reason, it seems much easier at lunch than dinner.
Today, which I made a rare free day when it comes to going out, we'll de-decorate the tree (or is the opposite of decorate "corate"?) and put away the other Christmas things. Thanks to sister Betty's suggestion, I bought fat-free sour cream and whipped topping, so I'll make some things with them. Also bought fat-free hot dogs--not sure how they taste, but I'll try sneaking them into Pat with a crockpot meal of dogs and beans tonight.
I can feel those "20 pounds by London" just sliding off!

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...