Friday, January 06, 2006

Lovely lunch with Susan yesterday. However, we didn't get to Panini Bay, but went to the Tuckerton Grille instead. (A digression: I think there's a conspiracy afoot to keep me from EVER eating at Panini Bay. We wanted to take brother Larry there for dinner a few months after we moved here, but it was a Monday and they were closed. I later went with someone to have lunch--well, it was Tuesday, and closed. Another day, Rosemarie and I tried for breakfast, but even though it was 9 am and they serve breakfast, it was closed, I have no idea why. Yesterday, Susan and I drove up, happily prepared to "eat on the water," which I love, and we found the damn place closed for vacation! Is somebody doing this on purpose? Paranoia is setting in...)
I had Caesar salad with chicken and we both had a glass of Chardonney. Susan insisted on treating me and I made her promise I could do the same for her birthday in March. We talked and talked--so much that I finished only about half the salad, which was fine by me.
Rest of day was good, if not perfect, on the food front. I made fat-free hot dogs and baked beans in the crockpot for dinner. They were excellent and only 1 point each. Pat didn't comment that they "tasted different," so I'm hoping I can get away with always serving them. I had sugar-free Jello and yogurt later, topped with FF whipped topping. I did deviate a bit: After my wine and popcorn, had some pretzels, but not many. Okay, okay (wish I hadn't promised myself I'd be honest in this blog), I did have an extra glass of wine which, with the one at lunch, made three. WW allows only four for a whole week, meaning I went off pretty much, so shoot me.
What's looming? Dinner for grandson Joel's 24th birthday tomorrow, at Joel and Jen's. I'll be moderate (Jen mentioned pizza), but I'm not promising anything in the cake department...

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...