Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Well, wonders never cease in Little Egg Harbor! Incredibly, I LOST 1.6 at weigh-in yesterday--a miracle! That brings me to 187.8. My resolve, made two weeks ago, to lose 20 by June still holds; I have 17 pounds to go. It's hard to calculate just what I've lost so far, considering that I've lost, gained, joined, quit, gone back, etc., like a yo-yo, but I'm following what's in my current membership book and figuring about 15 down all together.
Yesterday's entry is pretty confusing. I meant to refer to quitting Weight Watchers, not opting out of the trip to A.C. I went--with friends Barbara H., Barbara D., and Leslie--and had a wonderful time. The ice show was great, we got $15 back, then enjoyed a sumptuous buffet. Did I eat sensibly? I did! Bouyed up by the weight loss I didn't expect, I had lots of shrimp, small portions of fried rice, stuffed flounder, and salmon, plus king crab legs. I hadn't had time for lunch, so was hungry which means I really appreciated the food. You may ask, what about the dessert table? Glad you did: I SKIPPED IT! I simply went back to the appetizers, got some mixed fruit (melon and grapes, no sugar) and an additional pile of shrimp. I ate that while my companions had their sweet goodies and didn't miss a thing. Happy day and happy weigh!
Today is, of course, Wednesday dinner out, but I'm just fine with that. Will check in tomorrow to report my choices.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...