Thursday, January 05, 2006

It occurred to me that overweight people--well, make that this overweight person--just gravitates to food items. For instance, I like to read cookbooks. I can happily sit and go over recipes whether I'm interested in making them or not. I have "food and recipes" in my "favorites" folder, and often look up dishes just on the mere possibility I may make them someday. I like books about food. Right now, I'm reading "Emperors of Chocolate," a history of the long and tumultuous relationship between Hershey and Mars. Hey, injesting the virtual way doesn't pile on the pounds as actually consuming does, so no harm done.
Yesterday? Great. After exercise, I spent most of the day taking the Christmas decorations down and, for one thing, was so busy I had only a half acorn squash and a big helping of broccoli for lunch. I made chicken, peas, and baked potatoes for dinner. My half of the potato I adorned with buttery spray and FF sour cream (thanks, Betty) and it was delicious. Had one small glass of wine and popcorn later, so I'm feeling good.
Today, yet another challenge: Am going to lunch at Panini Bay with friend Susan. I resolve to either order a low-point meal or take half home for another day. Now--aha! I'm happy to say I had first written "I hope to...," which suggests there's a possibility I won't, but notice I changed that to reflect my absolute determination--I don't just "hope to," I definitely will!--to follow the program and lose those twenty pounds by June!

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...