Monday, January 02, 2006

Food, food, glorious food!!
Had a perfectly delightful New Year's Progressive Dinner yesterday. Threw caution to the winds and chowed down with a vengeance! (Why do I keep resorting to cliches in this blog?) At Susan and Walters, appetizers included artichoke dip, hotdogs in "blankets," potato skins with sour cream, and delectable bread sticks wrapped with bacon, the dipped in Parmesan cheese. Barbara and Ray then hosted the entrees: stuffed shells, a chicken, cheese, and broccoli dish, roast beef, and more. I, virtuous Rosemary, brought salad--but also banana bread. After the huge meal, we then staggered to Leslie and Dennis' for sumptuous desserts: candy, cookies, cake, trifle, etc., etc., etc. It was GREAT, but even better than the food was our enjoyment is being with our Sweetwater Drive friends. We talked about the elaborate recipes we used to follow in the '60's and '70's and, on the spot, decided to plan a '70's get together and serve all those dishes, such as fondue. We'll have a ball!
Must go, as Frank (who just fixed my e-mail) and Barbara are coming to lunch. Tomorrow, I take Anne Mary to lunch at Seaoaks, Wednesday is our regular dinner out, Thursday Susan and I are planning to go to Panini Bay for lunch, Friday Marge and I have a tentative date. Saturday is Joel's birthday--and I still have dinner and movie with Alison to plan!
Do you believe I have to weigh in at WW tomorrow? Well, who's counting? (I know--I SHOULD be!)

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...