Sunday, January 29, 2006

After a shower, felt much better yesterday. I even went to the supermarket and got a few essentials. Had half a spaghetti squash and half an acorn squash for lunch. The big news--hey, this is my life--is that I cleaned the oven. I'm talking about a self-cleaning oven, of course, and it needed it badly; we moved in 2 1/2 years ago and this is the first time it's been cleaned. It took 4 hours and 20 minutes and smelled vile. Luckily, it was a balmy day, so we turned off the heat and opened doors and windows to ventilate. It cleaned up nicely and I promptly contributed to dirtying it again by baking chicken leg quarters in it. I flavored them with lemon/pepper seasoning and they were very good. Added the leftover diced tomatoes for Pat and mashed potatoes for both of us. Later, had wine and pretzels, then the fat-free whipped topping from the freezer. I have no sense at all of whether I'll have lost any weight this week; have the rest of today and tomorrow before I get weighed Tuesday morning.
Woke up still with some bad cold symptoms but, I think, am getting better. Tomorrow, we're going up to take Jen and Joely to lunch.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...