Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Oh, joy! Good news all around yesterday. First, I went to the doctor and she discussed the results of my blood tests. Blood sugar (112) needs to be watched, but my cholesterol is under 200--198, to be exact! First time in years it's been that low, so I was very pleased. Doctor did say I must continue to lose weight and exercise and I will, I will.
Had time to get to WW after all, a little late, and was weighed after the meeting. I lost 1 1/2 pounds! Happy day! Yes, I'm on my way to 20 pounds off by London! It's a little annoying that Cristine recorded my new weight on the WW card she keeps, but forgot to do it in my book. I THINK--but things have gotten so confused, I'm not sure--that I'm barely back into the 180's, I think 189 point something. Next week will get it clarified.
Had salmon for dinner, then cracked open a bottle of cream sherry. Shouldn't have, but I did, treat myself with two glasses, plus pretzels. What's funny is that "wine" is listed in the WW book as a certain number of points, but they don't distinguish among wines. Seems to me that a light Rhine or Chardonney would be less than say, the cream sherry, which is sweet.
Tonight, our regular Wednesday dinner out. Not sure where we'll go, but I'll order wisely.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...