Saturday, January 21, 2006

Very nice dinner last night with Vivian and Anita; I did cranberry chicken and here's the easy, easy recipe: combine one can of whole berry cranberry sauce, one cup (8 oz. or one bottle) French dressing, and two envelopes dry onion soup mix. Put on pieces of chicken (I happened to use two leg quarters and some drumsticks) and bake in pre-heated 350 oven for about an hour. Delicious. Vivian brought an incredible apple cake/pie with chocolate from the bakery in Manahawkin and we generally had a good time.
I over-indulged, I'm afraid, having some of the apple fabulous dessert (I served others, too), but can't concentrate on that--I don't feel well. I started with a sore throat yesterday, now have a cold and am dragging. Luckily, this weekend is free. Monday, I go for my mammogram and dex-scan (bone mass test), then will meet Marge for lunch. Tuesday, I drive up to Lawrenceville to pick Helen up for lunch, and Wednesday's our regular dinner out--yep, it's starting up again.
Incidentally, the guy never showed up at Cheevey's yesterday. When I got there for our appointment, I was told he had called and had "car trouble." I'm getting annoyed, as he didn't return my call the first time (when I called again: "Oh, you were on my list to call..."). Yeah, uh-huh.
At the library, I bought a cookbook I just read straight through. It's very entertaining and is called "The Bitten Word."

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...