Friday, January 13, 2006

Greatly enjoyed lunch with friend Marilyn yesterday at Katmandu, a trendy restaurant on the waterfront in Trenton. Had some interesting experiences after, but this is a weight blog, so I'll skip the chronicle of my adventures in Mercer County.
When I was in Hawaii in July, I had tuna tarter, which was absolutely delish. It was an ever-so-tender and fresh slab of tuna, just seared on the outside and essentially raw otherwise. Yesterday, when I saw "Ahi Tuna Tarter" at Katmandu, I was delighted and ordered it. I was taken aback, though, to have it served in a martini glass--I hadn't realized I was ordering off the appetizer section and this was about an ounce (if that) of tiny pieces of raw, marinated tuna with a teaspoon of greens on top.
BUT--! I decided not to order anything else, ate it, and it was enough. I also had a glass of chardonney and coffee with half-and-half, so points and calories probably added up to a reasonable lunch, although the content certainly wasn't WW.
I didn't get home until after five, let Pat fend for himself for dinner, and had half a large spaghetti squash, plus the rest of the oil/garlic pasta I took home from dinner the night before. Did eat some pretzels and a glass of cream sherry after, plus a bowl of the yogurt dessert with FF topping but, all in all, I think I did all right for the day.
Incidentally, I was pleased when several of the old friends and colleagues I saw yesterday remarked on how well I looked. With my yo-yo weight loss (and gain!) in the years since I retired, I don't even remember what I weighed a few years ago, but I think there's an overall improvement.
Yes, yes, I'm facing yet another challenge tonight: We're hosting our dominos club (four other couples for dessert and playing dominos) and I'm serving gingered fruit compote, apple crisp, and Amaretto cake with milk chocolate sauce and whipped cream. In addition, I'll make "Molloy's Irish Cream," which is just like Bailey's, but homemade. I plan to stick to the compote and won't have too much of that--wish me luck!

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...