Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy, happy 2006 to all who read this! (All two of you.) Brave talk yesterday, somewhat crestfallen (but philosophical) today:
In a nod to my German heritage, I decided to have pork and saurkraut for New Year's Eve dinner (it's usually served on New Year's Day, I think, but who's checking?). I put a nice pork roast in the crockpot, along with onions, potatoes, carrots, and gravy. It simmered all day and the aroma was divine, but it occured to me it was a lot (about a pound and a half) for two people, so I invited good neighbors and friends, Walter and Susan, over for dinner. I added peas, saurkraut, the banana bread left over from Christmas, and the red velvet cake I had frozen from Alison's birthday dinner in November. Walter brought a nice white wine, but I decided to continue the German theme and serve Rhine, which the three of us enjoyed (Pat doesn't drink wine).
Well, we had a delightful time and the pork was superb. Alas, I also indulged in the cake a bit too heartily, and TODAY is the progressive dinner, but Monday, it's back on track, come what may.
Musing over what to do this summer--hmm...guess I'll go to London. (More on this later.)

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...