Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Tuesday

 Did a wash in the morning, lunched, then went to my doctor appointment at 2:00. I actually saw the nurse practitioner (whom, incidentally, I like better than the doctor). We had a good talk and she'll have the referrals for p.t. and vision submitted, then I'll hear from Blue Shield. My BP is 118/78, which she said was good. I also asked about an RX for the RLS and that will be forthcoming. She also told me to stop taking the stuff (starts with "ome") for heartburn, as it's now been discovered that it can cause kidney and bone problems. Oh, thanks for telling me, docs. NP said to substitute something else, but I'm not sure I really need anything anymore, as I've had no GERD for some time, so I'm just going to skip it.

Anyway, I got what I went for, so that was good. Walked from there to Telephone Road (I looked it up and it's 1.8 miles; as usual, I thought it was longer). Got the 11 bus to the mall, went to Target, where I bought a pound of nice dark cherries, and bused home.

I had no sooner gotten in than Vickie and Mary came to the door. Vickie was carrying a big cat, which surprised me, as I didn't know they had one. Good grief, it's not real. The thing purrs, moves its paws. blinks its eyes, and otherwise acts like a real live one--amazing! I invited them in and we had a good time chatting away and laughing about the cat. She asked if I wanted her to send me information on it, in case Betty might like one. Sure and I'm going to consult Carolyn about it. 

Here are Vickie, the cat, and Mary. (Mary's the one with dementia.)   


The reason their so blurry is because I can't seem to hold the phone steady when I'm taking pictures.

 



1 comment:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
That cat's a great idea for people who don't want to worry about the care of a live animal. I bet Betty would love it.
I'm curious...did someone diagnose your RLS? What med did the NP prescribe? If it works I'd like to try it.
I bet the med you took for GERD was omeprazole aka Prilosec. I switched to something else too. You probably haven't had any GERD problems because you were on the omeprazole.
I feel the same about NPs ...they spend more time with patients and actually listen.

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...