Saturday, June 26, 2021

Funday

Not Sunday, but Funday: Ellen came at 11:45 and we went off to Wal-Mart. I got lots of heavier stuff, which is often hard for me to get home, even with the cart. We went straight from there to Aloha for lunch, and what a lovely time we had. 

It was pretty crowded, of course--everyone was happy to be out and about on that lovely day--but we got a good table overlooking the ocean. We talked and talked and laughed and talked. Ellen told me all about her and Greg's trip to San Luis Obispo, I told her about Jim and his Honda. She has one, too, but hers, which she considers old (2014), is brand new compared to Jim's 1997 one. Yes, indeed, Jim was right, they get stolen often because the parts are no longer made for older models.  

El treated me to lunch because I took care of the kitties while they were gone. However, she said and I agreed, that it was an honor and a privilege (😁), but she still insisted on treating.  How I love being with my girl! 💖

We drove back to my place, I again replaced the batteries in the keyboard and it works--yay! It seems I had put depleted ones in before. El tested my other batteries (on a battery-tester device I had never bothered to use), and some were dead, so were thrown out. We discussed our planned mini-vacay coming up and pretty much settled on Pasadena and the various botanic gardens, plus possibly, old movie star tours. We said goodbye and I straightened up a bit, loving my life again. 

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...