Friday, June 18, 2021

Thursday

Lunch with Ellen at Rincon, which was, of course, a treat. However, I'm still not crazy about having to go up to a counter, then order and pay before anything else. Rincon used to provide full service, but now not and more and more restaurants are following this screw-the-customer rule. They blame it on COVID, of course--everything's is being blamed on COVID. Besides that, their prices are astronomical: I had a hamburger and beer and, with tip, my tab came to twenty-six bucks, which used to be the cost for a fancy dinner.

We stopped at CVS on the way back to my place, so she could buy a toothbrush. She was going to the dentist to get her teeth cleaned at 3:00, so that gave us plenty of time for lunch and talk. She and Greg have firmed up their plans to go to San Luis Obispo next week and I'll be kitty-sitting for a few days. I'll ask if Nancy and Carolyn, who live nearby, want to meet me for lunch, but dollars to doughnuts, they're still hibernating. 

David D., the ornithologist, my neighbor in another building, had asked to come over to see the nest outside my patio. He did, at 4:00, and viewed it through binoculars, not wanting to disturb the Mum and her chickies (still in the eggs). 

Called Jim to see how his class is going in the new semester and we chatted. He'll be coming over for lunch tomorrow. I got in touch with Lora, who will pick me up for T.O.P.S. this morning; I'm still on the fence about continuing, though.



1 comment:

iloveac said...

Yes, I totally agree everything is now blamed on CoVid.
$26.00 for a hamburger and a beer plus tip...how much would that have been in the New Yorker luncheonette when you were in high school? Of course, they didn't sell beer, I don't think.

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...