Thursday, June 24, 2021

At Ellen's In Ojai

I slept pretty well, thanks to the purloined Ny-Quill. Had breakfast, then left about 8:15 to go back to my place and get my meds. I was lucky enough to have the Ojai Trolley (really a tricked-out minibus) come alone soon, then the regular 16 bus to Ventura, then the 10 home. I arrived at 11:00, picked up what I needed, plus a few other things, stowed them in my little cart, and reversed the travel process. I got back to Ellen's at 1:00, my usual lunch time, so that was good. 

Other than that, I didn't do a whole lot, aside from reading and fooling around on this machine. It was just too hot to go outside--Ojai is a kind of bowl, surrounded by mountains, and is always much warmer than Ventura. 

Called El after dinner to see how to operate the television. They won't be back until the afternoon and we made plans for me to go home by bus, leaving most of stuff here. Ellen will bring it to me tomorrow, then we'll go out to lunch.    

I watched Rosemary's Baby last night. I was always tickled by the fact that the due date for Devil Baby was June 28. Why, yes, that's the day our first child was born; he'll be 63 next week. As for the movie, like all Polanski's films, it was very well done. Mia Farrow, though, reminded me of Grace Kelly. They had the same high pitched, prattling, cutsey-poo delivery, like wallflowers thrilled to be asked to the prom. Never in a million years would you buy the idea this was real life; nevertheless, it was great fun to watch.  

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...