Saturday, June 12, 2021

Friday

Lora was going to pick me up for T.O.P.S., but she suddenly decided to go to The Grand Old Opry in Nashville for her birthday instead. (She's a travel agent, so can do things like that.) Bobbi picked me up instead, and good thing--we were the only two who showed up. My numbers were: home, down .06 to 129.2; T.O.P.S. down .05 to 130.2. Happily, we stayed only long enough to get weighed, then split.

After breakfast, I walked to The Market to refresh my supplies. Bused home, had lunch, and took off for town. I had The Talented Mr. Ripley DVD on hold at the library, so picked that up, then stayed and read a bit. I asked the person on the desk if the library was still--again, that is--having lectures and presentations in the gathering room. I want to get back in the game with my Dionne Quintuplet address, but he wasn't sure. He gave me the email of a person to contact. I was interested to see on the "new books" shelf, there was a bio of the Dane, Soren Kierkegaard, called Philosopher of the Heart. Must mention that to Jim when he's here for lunch today. 

I called Sharon, since she hasn't been a T.O.P.S for two weeks. Unfortunately, since her fall in the bathtub last month, she's had major problems getting around and with flare-ups of arthritis. She sees the doctor again on Wednesday.

After that, Ellen called and we had a good long talk. She'll be finished at school after Monday (her third-graders had their last day yesterday) and what with doing report cards, her car problems, and graduation dinners (Greg's nephew, from UCSB), it's been a hectic week. She said she'll call me and we'll get together soon.


 

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...