Monday, June 28, 2021

Activities

An active day and not all in a good way. First of all, I had a terrible time sleeping because I kept having to flex my toes; it's involuntary and very distressing. I'm going to call Dr. Jennings this morning to ask for 1. a prescription for something to get rid of what I assume is RLS and 2. a referral for p.t. (because I think my balance is worsening). 

Once I got up, I did the usual, then sat down with my coffee at the computer. I was surprised to get a  text message on my phone about 7:00 am. It was from Bank of America, asking if I had used my Mastercard for something at three places. Two of them yes, but CHICK-FIL-A?  I'd starve rather than eat anything from there! The upshot was, somebody has used my credit card number for a lot of purchases in San Jose and other areas. They'll send a new card and I've now resolved to be less careless about checking my credit card bill.

After lunch, I put the dried beans El had given me in the slow cooker, added chopped onions and the "juice" I save from cooking veggies. Had some before dinner and boy, if I say it myself, it's yummy. Of course, I made enough to feed the entire population of Ventura, so I'll freeze some. Walked to The Market for produce and walked back, which I was glad to do. 

I then tackled scanning Jim's essay on Maria Callas. He had read it to  me when he was here, but now I read it myself. I was just stunned--it is so absorbing and so wonderful to read. He tells how he started loving opera when he was a sophomore in high school. I can't wait to send it to Aline in Jersey. The problem is, he wanted to know if I could scan it, then send it to him so he can edit it. 

After lunch, I bused to the mall, then walked to the other branch of The Market. Got fresh parsley and the two pounds of tomatoes I had forgotten in the morning. Added the parsley and pieces of turkey bacon to the beans and boy, were they good. 

Talked to Ellen after dinner and we decided on July 13 to 15 for our little vacay (see how linguistically trendy I am?) We're zeroing in on Pasadena, but she wants me to scout out other locations before we decide. 

Also called Jim to tell him how fabulous I think his Callas essay is; he was so pleased. I'm thinking of re-typing it for him, as it's a little rough, but I wouldn't dream of changing a word. Called Aline and left a message to call me; I know she'll be thrilled at the essay.  



No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...