Sunday, June 13, 2021

Saturday

Spent time in the morning tidying up the place and moving things around. I'm not so sure I like it, though---may modify further.

Went over to Von's to take advantage of their "Fab 5." They run this promotion every week, with different products featured. When things I regularly buy are included, I stock up.

Jim came at his usual 1:00, bringing two fascinating items. This is the first*:

He got this when he was a sophomore in high school. Ever since, he's been a devotee of opera and particularly idolizes Maria Callas. (I told the story in my blog entry of June 11.)

The second item was an essay Jim had written on his thoughts about Maria Callas. He read it to me and I was enthralled. I want to send it to Aline and next time we meet, he'll bring it to me to scan. What a great story and he recounted it very well. I explained the circumstances in my blog entry of June 11.

After Jim left, I bused to the mall, but didn't continue on to town. Just went to Target and got red potatoes, which I had for dinner. Happily, I (finally!) slept well and feel good today.  

* Note the date, which is the year I got married.


No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...