Saturday, June 19, 2021

Friday

Lora picked me up for T.O.P.S. Lennie and Bobbi were there, so there were four of us. I weighed 129.8 at home, for a gain of .04, but "turtled" (i.e., stayed the same) with 130.2 at T.O.P.S. As for the non-meeting, we mostly talked about family problems, as ever. Got home a bit after 10:00, so two hours late for my usual breakfast time. I keep oscillating about staying in or not, but I guess I'll go next week.

Walked to Smart 'n' Final for broccoli and apples, then home. Prepared my cauliflower with seasonings in the slow cooker and left it to--well, slowly cook, of course--while I watched a live stream video of an event the included somebody close to my heart. 

After, I took off for town. Returned a book and a DVD to the library and took out a new, non-fiction called Quitter/A Memoir of Drinking, Relapse, and Recovery. I don't know why I'm drawn to books like this, but I am. Read the first chapter in the library, a place I've missed for the last many months.

I was on the bus when Jim called. Unfortunately, he's having problems with his car. The mechanic is coming over this morning at 8:00 and Jim will call me after to let me know if he can still come to lunch today. Darn, I hope so, as I'll be in Ojai much of next week. Also, the Soaring Spirits dinner is gathering is on Monday, and I just as soon he comes on a day I don't have anything else planned. Well, I'll wait to hear when he calls in a few hours. 

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...