Monday, June 14, 2021

Restoration

I enjoyed the crossword--natch--then took off for Smart 'n' Final after breakfast. Got blueberries and romaine, plus a "graduation" card at the Dollar Tree for my younger great-grandson, who's finishing eighth grade.  

I called Betty, who said she was on "the porch"--actually, it's a kind of veranda--but she was cheerful and seemed good. 

The restoration: Here's the original snapshot, in black and white. of my wedding attendants, as they were about to leave for the church:  


I asked the good folk at Facebooks free photo restoration and color to improve this picture of sister, Gene (gone these many years), my friend, Joan Welsh (gone, too), and Betty (essentially gone) who were attendants at my wedding. One result follows and I like it, except the dresses are a little pale and extra color was added to the bouquets:
And below is a second try from a different person. The dress color is perfect here, but I think Gene's express is a little manic. This person added also added color to the bouquets and they were actually all white daisies. 
Here's Betty in our group picture, which was originally in color. Note the daisies.

Home, I had lunch, then walked to the bank for some dough to put in the card. Went from there to Ralph's for grapes, walked part of the way home, then bused the rest.

I was pleased to get a Gmail, then a text from my neighbor, David, who lives in another building, asking about the ridiculous charge for preparing the utilities bill. He suggested a "beer summit" in the central area--he'll bring the beer. Hey, don't have to ask me twice and we met at 5:00. We had a good long talk about our differences with the complex owners, our property elsewhere (my house in Jersey and David's several houses in Georgia), and the little bird's nest outside my patio gate (David is a biologist and ornithologist--that is, he studies birds.) All in all, it was a pretty good day.

 

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...