Wednesday, June 09, 2021

Jim And Ganna

Things are looking up. Although I slept very poorly, I felt okay when I got up. Did my usual morning chores, but deferred bed clothes and other wash until today. Walked over to CVS and Von's, then with time on my hands, I started reading (out loud and acting parts) my play of a few years ago, Fatal Family Reunion. Surprisingly, I found it pretty good. It might need some tweaks here and there, but as very broad comedy, it's not bad at all. If theatre ever opens up, I might submit it to Fractured Actors or somewhere else.

Jim came at his usual 1:00 and absolutely astounded me when he handed me this:

See my blog entry of last Friday, June 4, for info on Genna Walsea and Lotusland. After talking to Jim about her, it occurred to me that I'd like to read her autobiography. The library didn't have it, so I figured I could find it on Amazon--how much could it be, ten or twenty bucks? I found, all right--for five hundred bucks. I jokingly sent the Amazon info to Jim and asked him to buy it for me. He jokingly wrote back that he had a signed copy and he'd me read it. Hardy-har-har.

When he came over for lunch yesterday, he brought the book. I was flabbergasted and so was Carolyn when I called to tell her about it. Below are a few more pics of it.

Asked Jim to drop me off at the transit center and I bused from there to town to the library. Just browsed--what a pleasure!--and picked up a DVD. I called Stella and we'll meet for lunch at Aloha today. Home and I found a notice on the door that the water is be off tomorrow between 8:00 am and 1:00 pm, while work is done. Texted Suzanne (who's away until then) to let her know. 

More pics of Ganna's book, now Jim's book, which was published the year he was born, 1943:



P.S. I have no idea why I seem to often have blank space under my entries. Can't seem to remedy it.


 

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...